Professor Dmitry Pervouchine
invites applications for a PhD position in the Skoltech laboratory of Computational and Structural Transcriptomics. The project is dedicated to studying RNA production pathways, particularly in the context of RNA-chromatin interactions and epigenetic signals, by using integrative next generation sequencing (NGS). The goal is to build a comprehensive model of transcription and post-transcriptional processing from recent high resolution NGS data using artificial intelligence and advanced statistical models.
Minimum qualifications of the candidates expected to join this group are:
· a degree in biology, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, chemistry, bioinformatics, or a related field with knowledge of statistics;
· strong computational background with proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably with experience in LINUX;
· spoken and written English proficiency and excellent communication skills.
Applicants with research experience in software pipelines for large-scale data analysis, applications of machine learning, and the analysis of gene networks in disease are particularly encouraged to apply.
Every admitted Ph.D. student gets
· Generous stipend
· Collaborations with leading research groups around the world
· Unique research experience in cutting edge computational biology