Master of Science Program
The Space Systems program was developed with a unique focus on innovation, hands-on education and accelerated tech.
|| Apply now!
|Modes and duration
Full time: 2 years
No tuition fee for the applicants who pass the selection process
Open: December 16, 2016
Close: July 16, 2017
Master of Science in Information Technology and Engineering
|Language of instruction
Program is accredited by the Russian Government, certificate № 1123 from October 13, 2014
Engineering bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent in aerospace-related areas.
|English language requirements
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The program aims to teach students to find creative solutions taking into account the variety and uniqueness of problems dealing with space science and engineering.
The curriculum components cover space systems engineering, satellite engineering, space instrument design, space science, as well as human space flight, automation/robotics, and space physiology and medicine, and the entrepreneurship, innovation, and commercialization of space-related technologies.
- Graduates will be ready to solve practical problems effectively and develop new products for various academic and industrial areas
- Graduates will gain the experience, knowledge and vision allowing them to take on a leadership role in taking creative decisions for various projects dealing with space science and engineering that drive innovation and national economic development
A successful graduate of the program will be able to:
- Explain a holistic view of space missions and systems;
- Engineer (conceive, design, implement and operate) space systems, with emphasis on space sensors, payloads, and onboard systems;
- Advance capabilities for manned space exploration
- Exploit space data for services/applications, such as navigation, EO, TLC;
- Conduct new observations and measurements from space.
Career opportunities and paths
Students graduating with a Master of Science degree in Information Technology and Engineering are in great demand throughout the international high-tech market.
- PhD positions in academic & research institutions
- Specialist positions in the Russian and international Space industry, including Skolkovo resident companies and startups
- Edward Crawley, Professor
- Clement Fortin, Professor of the Practice, Associate Provost, Dean of Faculty and Postdoctoral Affairs
- Rupert Gerzer, Professor, Provost
- Alessandro Golkar, Associate Professor
- Evgeny Nikolaev, Professor
- Tatiana Podladchikova, Assistant Professor
- Dzmitry Tsetserukou, Assistant Professor
Main research areas:
- Remote sensing image processing
- Autonomous robot navigation
- 3D-printed, miniaturized Cassinian trap mass spectrometer for space research and general ambient analysis applications
- Distributed satellite system concepts for Earth Observation and Space Telecommunications
- Modeling of bioregenerative food production in extreme environments
Student success stories
- Hripsime Matevosyan, PhD Student (Prof. Golkar), Emerging Space Leader Award (2015), International Astronautical Federation
- Ignasi Lluch I Cruz, PhD Student (Prof. Golkar), “Innovative Earth Observation Missions” Paper Competition (2015), OHB System (DE)
- Dominik Knoll, PhD Student (Prof. Golkar), Selected as Top 10 paper of SECESA 2016 conference (60 submissions)