Open call for Applications for Research Fellowships in Systems, Cell and Molecular Biology
The Systems Biology Program – is a Fellowship for young scientists – a support (not less than 600 000 RUR per year) of research projects with annual prolongation for up to three years.
The program is held with a generous support from Philip Morris International (PMI) affiliates in Russia.
Deadline for submission of the Applications – March 31st
The results of the first Five completed Projects could be found here
The 2017 Fellows and their Projects could be found here
The 2018 Fellows and their Projects could be found here
What areas of research in Life sciences will be supported?
- Systems Biology;
- Molecular biology;
- Cell biology;
- Bioinformatic Algorithms;
- Methods development;
- Molecular evolution;
- Comparative bioinformatics;
- Genome-wide studies, Omics;
- Big-data analysis;
- Genomic medicine;
Who can apply?
A young scientist (35 years or younger), having at least 2 publications (in international peer-reviewed scientific journals with an impact factor no less than 2.0, with at least one such publication with primary (first or last) authorship), working in Russian Scientific Institution.
What documents should be submitted for application?
- A project proposal
- A Letter of Consent for processing personal data
- Recommendations from two scientists specializing in the field of research (letters of recommendation from foreign scientists are a plus);
- A letter from the research supervisor expressing willingness to host the implementation of the Project. For the last 5 (Five) years the research supervisor must have published, as a corresponding author, at least 3 articles in peer-reviewed international scientific journals with an impact factor of no less than 2.0
What is the procedure?
- The complete applications will be evaluated by scientists with expertise in the research area;
- The Expert Panel will review the applications and it’s evaluations. No more than 5 Projects will be chosen for Systems Biology Fellowship in 2019
- The Fellows are to submit annual scientific reports. The main evaluation criteria – articles in peer-reviewed journals or conferences participation. The Project’s support is prolonged upon the Reports approval by the experts.
Dr. Mikhail Gelfand (Skoltech)
Dr. Dmitry Pervouchine (Skoltech)
Dr. Dmitriy Chudakov (Skoltech)
Dr. Konstantin Lukyanov (Skoltech)
And international scientists with applications-related expertise.
The Expert Panel:
Dr. Dalia Cohen, Founder and CSO of “The RNA Medicines Company”
Prof. Manuel C Peitsch, the Chief Scientific Officer of Philip Morris International
Prof. Konstantin Severinov, Director of Skoltech Center of Life Sciences
Please feel free to contact and/or submit your Applications to
+7 (495) 280 14 81