Master of Science Program
The Advanced Manufacturing Technologies program, consisting of formal coursework plus hands-on industry experience, prepares students to assume a role of technical leadership in the product realization industries.
|Modes and duration
Full time: 2 years
No tuition fee for the applicants who pass the selection process
Open: December 16, 2017
Master of Science in Information Systems and Technologies
|Language of instruction
Program is accredited by the Russian Government, certificate № 2568 from April 14, 2017. License № 2534 from February 7, 2017.
Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent in Physics, Mechanics, Material Science, Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
Knowledge and skills:
Successful candidates must have solid knowledge of Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Engineering. High level of English proficiency is expected
|English language requirements
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The program is established with a focus on development and implementation of new simulation-driven design and manufacturing paradigms for development of advanced materials, structures, and engineering systems with enhanced lifecycle, mechanical and physical characteristics demanded in high-tech industries. The program is created to prepare the next generation of researchers, engineers, and practitioners to assume a role of technical leadership in research and innovation of high-tech sector
Aim and Objectives
The aim of the MS program in Advanced Manufacturing Technologies is to prepare the next generation of researchers, engineers, and practitioners to assume a role of technical leadership in research and innovation of high-tech sector. The program consists of formal coursework and hands-on innovation, research, and industry experiences providing students multidisciplinary education in simulation-driven product development, advanced manufacturing and materials, and physics/mechanics of advanced materials and technologies.
The comprehensive curriculum includes courses in Simulation-driven (digital) Product Development, Product Life-Cycle Management (PLM), Advanced Manufacturing Processes, Composite and Nanocomposite Materials, Additive and Thermal Spray Technologies, Industrial Robotics, Mechanics, Micromechanics, and Physics of Advanced Manufacturing, Numerical and Optimization Methods in Engineering and Science, which provide an integrated scientific, technological and business perspectives of the high-tech sector. Similar to other Master programs at Skoltech, an Innovation Workshop and other required courses in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation such as Intellectual Property and Technological Innovation complement the core content of the program.
MSc Program Structure
Learning and professional outcomes
- fundamental knowledge in mechanics, micromechanics, and physics of advanced manufacturing and materials;
- deep understanding of modern technological methods and tools, information technology-based manufacturing and product development practices;
- ability to apply information technology, mathematics, mechanics, physics, and material science in engineering practice and research in advanced manufacturing and materials;
- vision for the creation of new technologies, design and development of sustainable systems, and development of novel materials;
- ability to apply simulation-driven product development paradigm in engineering system design;
- ability to work with technical literature (e.g. conduct bibliographical research, read and critically analyze scientific articles, use scientific metrics and engineering documentation).
Career opportunities and paths
The Master of Science program was developed to meet the high demand of specialists in advanced manufacturing technologies in the growing national and international high-tech sector.
- Industry. Landing specialist positions in high-tech sector including but not limited to: Advanced manufacturing and materials, Aerospace, Energy and Transportation, Research and Development, Consulting;
- Science. Landing PhD positions and continuing research at leading Russian and international universities and research entities;
- Startup. Starting a business on their own or through the Skolkovo innovation ecosystem with its extensive pool of experts, partners, consultants and investors.
Professor, Director of the Skoltech Center for Design, Manufacturing and Materials
| Program Coordinator
- Information technologies for simulation-based engineering science;
- Advanced manufacturing and product design;
- Advanced materials and technologies;
- Mechanics and physics in advanced manufacturing.
- Bashkir State University (Russia);
- Florida State University (USA);
- KU Leuven (Belgium);
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT);
- Nanyang Technological University (Singapore);
- New Mexico State University (USA);
- Purdue University (USA);
- Taft University (USA);
- Technical University of Munich (Germany);
- University of Calgary (Canada);
- University of Dayton (USA);
- University of Gottingen (Germany);
- University of Maryland (USA).
- ApATech (Russia);
- Ceramaker (France);
- InssTek (South Korea);
- INUMIT (Russia);
- Motorica (Russia);
- Oerlicon (Switzerland);
- SIU System (Russia);
- Trumpf (Germany);
- United Aircraft Corporation (Russia).