Master of Science Program
In the last decade, the Internet of Things (IoT) paradigm and Next Generation Wireless Technologies (5G, 6G) have been increasingly conquering the minds of researchers and engineers. Now it is one of the most promising fields of Industry 4.0 with a market value of more than $100 bln and stable annual growth.
Modes and duration
Full time: 2 years
No tuition fee for applicants who pass the selection process
Master of Science in Internet of Things & Wireless Technologies
Field of Science and Technology
09.04.01 Information Technology and Engineering
Language of instruction
The program is accredited by the Russian Government, certificate №3539 from April 07, 2021.
License №2880 from February 05, 2020.
BS degree in Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Applied Physics, Mathematics.
English language requirements
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
Aim and objectives
The aim of the program is to instruct the next generation of STEM leaders ready to design principles and architectures as well as develop applications and services in the framework of IoT paradigm and Next Generation Wireless Technologies (5G, 6G), including following objectives:
- Develop IoT real applications and improve them with smart technologies and leverage on sensed data
- Deliver an IoT-based product from scratch, ‘pitch and sell’ it
- Become a developer of next-gen wireless communication protocols and solutions, such as 6G and beyond
- Devise solutions for industrial cases (healthcare, agriculture, etc.) using IoT
MSc Program Structure
Career opportunities and paths
Program graduates work in the private and public sector in software engineering, communications, manufacturing, etc.
PhD positions and continuing research at leading Russian and international research bodies (Stanford, ETH Zurich, etc.).
Starting a business on their own or through the Skolkovo innovation ecosystem with its extensive pool of experts, consultants and investors.
Associate Professor of the Practice, Director of the Project Center for Next Generation Wireless and IoT
- Grigory Kabatyansky, Vice President for Academic Relations
- Evgeny Burnaev, Associate Professor
- Alexey Frolov, Associate Professor
- Dmitry Yarotsky, Associate Professor
- Gonzalo Ferrer, Assistant Professor
- Maxim Panov, Assistant Professor
- Andrey Ivanov, Senior Research Scientist
- Pavel Rybin, Senior Research Scientist
- Alexey Artemov, Research Scientist
- Yury Yanovich, Research Scientist
Students are actively involved into research activity starting from Term 3.
- Next-Generation Communications
- Coding theory and Digital Signal Processing
- ML methods in communications
- Industrial IoT and industrial data processing
- Sensing and actuation in environmental/industrial/biomedical applications
- Wearable sensing and wireless sensor networks
- Embedded AI
- Information Protection in Computer Systems and Network
- MIT, USA
- ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Technische Universität München
- Technion, Israel Institute of Technology
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Russia
- Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics (TUSUR), Russia
- Nokia Bell Labs, UK
- Altran praxis