Master of Science Program
The core aspects of the Materials Science program are:
- Cutting edge research in Materials Science
- Covers the lack of modern materials science educational programs in Russia
- Interdisciplinary mix of engineering and natural sciences that is unique among universities in Russia and beyond
- Industrial immersion
- Entrepreneurship and innovation component
- Renowned faculty with international experience and collaborations
| Application dates
|Modes and duration
Full time: 2 years
No tuition fee for applicants who pass the selection process
Master of Science
|Language of instruction
Program is accredited by the Russian Government, certificate № 2568 from April 14, 2017. License № 2534 from February 7, 2017.
A Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent in physics, chemistry and materials science.
|English language requirements
If your education was not conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The curriculum of the program provides both a broad and integrated overview of materials science and the opportunity for in-depth study of a particular problem emphasizing either theory or experimentation under the guidance of a research supervisor.
MSc Program Structure
Learning & Professional outcomes
A successful graduate of the program will know and be able to:
- Apply knowledge of fundamental science and engineering to identify, formulate and solve complex materials and device problems;
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- Function in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Communicate effectively;
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern technological tools necessary for engineering practice;
- Recognize the need for, and be able to engage in life-long learning;
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
Career opportunities and paths
Students graduating with a Master of Science degree in Materials Science and Engineering are in great demand throughout the national and international high-tech market.
- PhD positions in academic & research institutions;
- Specialist positions in the directions of engineering, manufacturing and support in various fields (batteries, solar cells, etc.) as well as Skolkovo resident companies and startups.
Main research areas:
- Materials and devices for energy conversion and storage
- Materials and devices for optoelectronics
- Materials synthesis and characterization
- Materials modeling
MSU, MIT, MIPT, Institute for Problems of Chemical Physics, Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology
Industrial partners (signed Memorandum of Understanding):
Systems for Microscopy and Analysis (SMA)
TEEM, Tagras, Kamaz, Samsung, Bosch
SMA, Nissan, Titan, InEnergy, Spectralaser, Gaspromneft NTC, Los Alamos National Lab, etc.