Master of Science Program
|Modes and duration
Full time: 2 years
No tuition fee for the applicants who pass the selection process
Open: November 15, 2018
Master of Science in Information Technology and Engineering
|Language of instruction
Program is accredited by the Russian Government, certificate № 2568 from April 14, 2017. License № 2534 from February 7, 2017.
Relevant bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent in aerospace-related areas. High level of English proficiency.
|English language requirements
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
Aim and objectives
The program aims to teach students to find creative solutions taking into account the variety and uniqueness of problems dealing with space science and engineering.
This program combines study of the general principles of complex engineering system construction with participation in satellite, drone and robotic systems-building projects. We teach students to find creative solutions to the biggest challenges of space and robotics industries.
MSc Program Structure
Learning and professional outcomes
A successful graduate of the program will know and be able to:
- Conceive, design, implement and operate space systems, with an emphasis on space sensors, payloads, and onboard systems;
- Explain a holistic view of space missions and systems;
- Advance capabilities for manned space exploration;
- Exploit space data for services/applications, such as navigation, EO, TLC;
- Conduct new observations and measurements from space.
Career opportunities and paths
Students graduating with a Master of Science degree in Information Systems and Technology are in great demand throughout the international high-tech market.
- Industry. Landing specialist positions in the Russian and international Space and Robotics industry, including Skolkovo resident companies and startups;
- Science. Landing PhD positions and continuing research at leading Russian and international research entities;
- Startup. Starting a business on their own or through the Skolkovo innovation ecosystem with its extensive pool of experts, partners, consultants and investors.
Main research areas:
- Remote sensing image processing
- Autonomous robot navigation
- 3D-printed, miniaturized Cassinian trap mass spectrometer for space research and general ambient analysis applications
- Distributed satellite system concepts for Earth Observation and Space Telecommunications
- Space weather
- Modeling of bioregenerative food production in extreme environments
Student success stories
- Ekaterina Kotenko-Lengold: second prize at SLUSH, position of vice president of Astro Digital company.
- Hripsime Matevosyan, PhD Student (Prof. Golkar): Emerging Space Leader Award (2015), International Astronautical Federation.
- Ignasi Lluch I Cruz, PhD Student (Prof. Golkar), «Innovative Earth Observation Missions» Paper Competition (2015), OHB System (DE).
- Dominik Knoll, PhD Student (Prof. Golkar), Selected as Top 10 paper of SECESA 2016 conference (60 submissions).
Academic and Industrial partners
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, ESA, DLR