Подробная информация о мероприятия на английском:
When: December 17, 2015, 16:00 – 17.30
Where: TPOC-3, Room 407
Participants: postdocs, PhD and Master students, junior faculty
Learning objective: At this panel workshop the participants will learn directly from Skoltech professors about their experience in building a faculty career in different countries.
How Does One Prepare for an Academic Career While Doing PhD or Postdoctoral Work
- How can I assess and improve my chances for future faculty positions?
- Why postdocs are often called trainees? I’ve done my PhD, my education is over.
- What is more valued in the market – focused or broader research area?
- What’s more important – strengthening research skills or teaching abilities?
- What Are the Expectations, Responsibilities and Obligations in Academic Career
- Compare faculty commitments in universities in Americas, Russia, Europe, UK, and Asia.
- It’s not a 9-to-5 job. How can I develop good discipline habits?
- Combining faculty and administrative positions – pressures and compromises.
- How Does One Prepare for Interviews
- Faculty selection – can support of an influential person outweigh merits of other candidates?
- How can I get meaningful recommendation letters?
- I have little international experience. How can I form a global network if I have no funds for frequent travelling?
- Which ways do you find most effective for improving the writing skills?
- What’s your experience in joining public presentation groups, e.g. Toastmasters Club?
- How can I practice English in a Russian-speaking environment?
- What Does It Take to Advance in an Academic Career
- Personal, professional and ethical issues in academia – any stories to share?
- The role of communication skills and networking: the stories of those who advanced rapidly in their career largely due to their communication talent.
- What’s more important – individual success in isolation or interaction with peers and teamwork?
Want to participate? Please RSVP to