Skoltech’s Center for Data Intensive Biomedicine and Biotechnology is proud to announce the winners of the competitive program for research fellowships in Systems Biology. The program, which is the first of its kind in Russia, was made possible through a generous support from Philip Morris Sales and Marketing. The winners will receive a three-year support of basic research in the broad field of systems biology and data-intensive biology that is in the main focus of biomedical research at Skoltech. The total sum of the three-year support amounts to 1,890,000 rubles. In addition to support for their projects award recipients will be provided with mentorship opportunities through networking with best Russian and international scientists in the field. The winners will receive a diploma in a program-launch event on April 21st.
And the winners are:
- Evgeny Egorov from the Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, for his project “Age-associated alterations in the structure of naive TCR repertoire”
- Anna Klepikova, from Moscow State University, for her project “Gene regulatory networks controlling transition to flowering: evidence from time-series expression data”
- Alexey Orlov, from Prokhorov General Physics Institute, for his project “Development of high-throughput label-free method for experimental protein interactomics”
- Alexey Sergushichev, from ITMO University, for his project “Integrating transcriptomics and metabolomics data for studying dynamic rewiring of the metabolic fluxes during immune response”
- Dmitry Svetlichnyy, from Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, for his project “Deciphering splicing code using machine learning methods and Next-generation sequencing data”.
Scientific advisers for the program Skoltech Center for Data Intensive Biomedicine and Biotechnology:
Dr. Mikhail Gelfand
Dr. Dmitriy Pervouchine
Dr. Dmitriy Chudakov
The panel of experts:
Dr. Dalia Cohen, the Chief Scientific Officer and Head of Research of Beryllium
Prof. Manuel C Peitsch, the Chief Scientific Officer of Philip Morris International
Prof. Konstantin Severinov, Director of Skoltech Center for Data Intensive Biomedicine and Biotechnology