For Master’s programs
An appropriate bachelor’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
For Doctoral programs
An appropriate master’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
As we receive more applications each year from excellent candidates than we have places available, meeting the minimum admissions requirement does not necessarily guarantee admission.
Successful applicants have generally received previous education and training in fields relevant to our programs, including:
- Computer science, computer engineering, computational mathematics, mathematics & applied mathematics, informatics, etc.
- Physics, applied physics
- Chemistry, chemical engineering
- Biology, molecular biology, bio-engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, systems biology
- Materials science and engineering
- Aerospace science and engineering, astrophysics
- Mechanical engineering
- Petroleum and gas engineering, geophysics, geology, geological engineering
Students whose primary education is in the humanities, business, or social sciences must have significant training in a field related to one of Skoltech’s programs.
All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English, the language of instruction at Skoltech. A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 450 on the TOEFL ITP or 6 on the IELTS is required. The language certificate should be valid for 2 years after the test date. A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree at a university where the medium of instruction is English. No exceptions are made for this policy and only TOEFL and IELTS scores are accepted. Skoltech’s institutional code for the TOEFL iBT is 2909.
Submission of a General GRE score is not required for the Skoltech application. However, a high score may enhance your application. For further information on the GRE, please visit the ETS website for test locations, dates, and times. Skoltech’s institutional code for the GRE is 1294.