Apply for PhD Program
We currently have the following programs:
Application to Skoltech consists of two stages:
Stage 1. Application at Skoltech’s online portal
- As part of the admission process, applicants should indicate the Skoltech faculty member(s) with whom they wish to pursue doctoral studies. Applicants may review the Skoltech faculty profiles before beginning the online application.
Stage 2. Selection Days
During Selection Days, participants go through interviews and an English test (for those who don’t have TOEFL or IELTS certificate). Invitations to Selection Days are reserved for those students who submitted the strongest online applications.
The Skoltech MSc and PhD programs provide multidisciplinary educational experience in brand-new facilities with world-class professors with international exchange opportunities with no tuition fee and one goal: to prepare students to impact Russia and the world and foster socio-economic development through scientific discovery and technological innovation.
- Courses and supervision by world-renowned scientists and engineers.
- All educational programs delivered in English. English is our language of instruction and official business.
- Wide range of courses; individual study plan that allows students to obtain modern education with broad interdisciplinary component. Possibility to choose between fundamental and applied profiles within the program.
- Open dynamic international environment bringing together hundreds of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs with serious ambitions. Students and professors from more than 25 countries study and teach at Skoltech.
- Cross-curriculum double-degree programs and network educational programs with leading Russian universities, wide opportunity to attend different courses in this universities inside the curriculum.
- Opportunity to perform a research and learn the best practice in world-leading universities, laboratories, participate in international conferences, variety of academic mobility programs. More than 1/3 of our students perform a research or an educational component in Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Tel Aviv University, University of Calgary, Harvard Medical School, National University of Singapore and other world-leading universities.
- Integration of research, education and innovation. Culture of supporting student startups.
- “Student package”: significant stipends and free medical insurance.